[Davis Democrats] FW: contribute to DSCC to take back the U.S. Senate from big multinational "benedict arnold" corporations

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Feb 23 20:16:41 PST 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Sen. John Kerry, DSCC" <info at dscc.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:12:49 GMT
To: John  Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: No More Alitos

  <http://www.dscc.org>
  Dear John , If you want to prevent the next Samuel Alito from being
confirmed to the Supreme Court, then you need to help the DSCC and me elect
a Democratic Senate in November. We need you to make an immediate investment
in our campaign today so we can withstand the Republicans' Swift Boat-style
distortions and character attacks that are sure to come.  I know that we can
win in November, but only if we can count on your support today and all the
way through Election Day. Your help is crucial.  Please make a contribution
right now. Click here to make a secure online donation of $250, $500, or
more. Electing a Democratic Senate is the best way to stop the right-wing
takeover of the Supreme Court.
<https://secure.ga3.org/03/20060222_kerry_hd/nSpzaE761fX4i?> I know what's
at stake.  I helped lead the fight against Samuel Alito's confirmation to
the Supreme Court because he has consistently made it harder for the poorest
and most vulnerable Americans to have their days in court.  He routinely
defers to excessive government power, even in light of the most extreme
abuses of that power.  The only thing he has ever said about a woman's right
to privacy is that she doesn't have one. Trying to defeat Alito's nomination
in a Republican-dominated Senate proved impossible, but the final vote total
shows something important.  54 Republican senators - a Senate majority -
voted for the nominee.  40 Democratic senators voted against him.  The
difference between a Republican-controlled Senate and a Democratic Senate
could not be clearer.  We have to change those numbers as soon as possible.
The DSCC is working hard to change that balance of power in Washington.  As
of today, Democratic Senate candidates are running strong campaigns against
Republican incumbents in key battleground states like Pennsylvania, Ohio,
and Missouri. However, in each of those states, the Republican incumbent has
a larger campaign war chest than our Democratic challenger.  The DSCC's job
is to level that playing field.  I know we can win in those key states and
take back the Senate in November, but only if the DSCC can count on your
support every step of the way.  Please make a contribution before it's too
late. Click here to make a secure online donation of $250, $500, or more.
Electing a Democratic Senate is the best way to stop the right-wing takeover
of the Supreme Court.
<https://secure.ga3.org/03/20060222_kerry_hd/nSpzaE761fX4i?> Electing a
Democratic Senate is the only way to prevent George Bush from putting more
judges like Antonin Scalia and Samuel Alito on the Supreme Court.  But if
we're going to succeed, the DSCC urgently needs your help.  Please make a
contribution right now. Sincerely, John Kerry

page <http://action.dscc.org/DSCCSenate/smp.tcl?nkey=biking2a5bb3je&>  to
modify your email communication preferences or update your personal profile.
To stop ALL email from DSCC, click to remove
<http://action.dscc.org/DSCCSenate/remove-domain-direct.tcl?ctx=center&nkey=
biking2a5bb3je&>  yourself from our lists (or reply via email with "remove"
in the subject line).

 Click this button to forward this message to your friends and family.   If
you received this message from a friend, click this button to join the DSCC.

<http://action.dscc.org/DSCCSenate/join-forward.html?domain=DSCCSenate&r=Spz
aE761fX4i&>     <http://www.dscc.org/join/subscribe/>

 <http://www.getactive.com>

------ End of Forwarded Message