[1st-mile-nm] Valley TeleCom Upgrade

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.org
Mon Apr 26 13:53:47 PDT 2021

Valley TeleCom to upgrade fiber broadband network in Arizona, New Mexico

https://www.lightwaveonline.com/network-design/dwdm-roadm/article/14202075/valley-telecom-to-upgrade-fiber-broadband-network-in-arizona-new-mexico

Fujitsu Network Communications and distributor partner Power & Tel today
say they will supply Valley TeleCom Group with elements of the Fujitsu
1FINITY optical networking platform family and Virtuora Network
Controller (NC).

Stephen Hardy, Apr. 26th, 2021

Fujitsu Network Communications and distributor partner Power & Tel today
say they will supply Valley TeleCom Group with elements of the Fujitsu
1FINITY optical networking platform family and Virtuora Network
Controller (NC). Valley TeleCom will use the technology to upgrade its
fiber broadband network across its footprint in rural Arizona and New
Mexico.

The broadband services provider, founded in 1962, will deploy Fujitsu
1FINITY L100 Lambda blades as well as T300 and T310 Transport blades.
The two blade types, when combined, enable colorless and directionless
or colorless/directionless/contentionless (CDC) ROADM nodes. Overall,
the 1FINITY systems will enable a significant network capacity increase
while occupying a small space in Valley TeleCom’s hubs and nodes. The
Virtuora NC will enable software-defined operations and management
capabilities.

“Valley is evolving our network to continue delivering innovation that
our subscribers expect,” said Kristi Lee, chief operations officer at
Valley. “By partnering with Fujitsu and Power & Tel on this latest
network enhancement, we can continue to provide quality services that
support our local businesses, schools, and families.”

“Valley’s decision to upgrade their network reflects a common need among
many rural service providers,” added Annie Bogue, head of sales and
marketing at Fujitsu Network Communications, Inc. “By selecting the
1FINITY platform, Valley is able to meet their bandwidth needs today,
while ensuring a cost-efficient path for network evolution.”

“Connecting our customers with the best possible products and solutions
that are cost-effective and enhance their business is our goal,” stated
Jennifer Sims, CEO at Power & Tel. “We are delighted that we could help
Valley TeleCom in the deployment of the 1FINITY platform. We firmly
believe our customers deserve a partner that they can rely on for the
right material at the right place at the right time – every time.”