[1st-mile-nm] FCC request for broadband consumer comments

Dale Carstensen dlc at lampinc.com
Tue Mar 23 18:52:25 PDT 2021

Today Cory Doctorow's Pluralistic blog has a link to a tweet from new
FCC Chair Jessica Rosenworcel.

Among the first few replies to that tweet is one from "@ihatecablecos"
to re-unite ATT, Verizon and Centurylink to come to everyone's rescue
and defeat the evil cable monopoly, and another that just says thank you.
I suppose it might result in a robo-storm of lobbyist anti-consumer
sentiment, like 4 years ago, but it is what it is.

 <https://twitter.com/JRosenworcel/status/1374093168816369672>

Digging a little deeper, I see there is a non-twitter option for those
of us who resist signing up for a twitter login, but it's not obvious
where comments eventually become available for public perusal.
 <https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001440131>

 Dale (retired now, but from about 2000 to 2011, I was deeply involved in
       running Los Alamos Community Network, fiber-to-the-home/business and
       some fixed wireless internet)

[the URL for Cory's blog entry is
 <https://pluralistic.net/2021/03/23/parliament-of-landlords/#fcc> ]