[1st-mile-nm] NM DoT rule changes?

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Tue Mar 2 13:53:12 PST 2021

I see a number of issues here.

1. It has become clear that this Covid pandemic has highlighted the
fact that there is NOT ENOUGH broadband in our state.
    Why is the State / Feds wanting to INCREASE and CHARGE MORE for
the deployment of broadband services ???

2. Why are Electrical, Water, Gas also not being charged similarly
increased rates ???

3. The term ADT doesn't appear to be defined in the Broadband manual.....

4. Assuming ADT is Average Daily Traffic, ergo the number of cars that
go based some point on a road, this metric is BIASED AGAINST WISP
providers.
    WISP (Wireless Internet Service Provider), not to be confused with
Celluar Service, provide service based on FIXED (otherwords not
mobile) microwave
signals. Customers are located at a physical fixed non moving
location.  There are only so many physical customers you can connect
to a single site. After that
the site is "full".

In summary this seems like a money grab by NMDOT since Telecom is the
hot thing right now.......  More State barriers to entry for
providers, existing or new.
Not a good thing!!!!!!

--
Respectfully,

John Brown, CISSP
Managing Member, CityLink Telecommunications NM, LLC