[1st-mile-nm] Colorado Gov. Establishes Broadband Board Via Executive Order

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.org
Thu Nov 5 11:35:23 PST 2020

This posting re: Colorado, has me wanting to recommend that we in
New Mexico begin working on a statewide broadband strategy, with
the State and many other players, building on recent work already
done, in preparation for very likely national broadband stimulus
funding under a new administration in 2021 and as follow-up phased
programs and support.  Opportunity for some needed infrastructure
and applications development will very likely benefit from highly
inclusive regional planning initiatives starting now.
RL

-------

Colorado Gov. Establishes Broadband Board Via Executive Order

Gov. Jared Polis ordered the creation of Colorado's Broadband Advisory
Board last week. The board is intended to enhance interagency
collaboration and collect information on digital inclusion and literacy.

BY NEWS STAFF / NOVEMBER 3, 2020

https://www.govtech.com/network/Colorado-Gov-Establishes-Broadband-Board-Via-Executive-Order.html

Gov. Jared Polis created the Broadband Advisory Board via executive
order Friday, with the goal of improving interagency coordination around
efforts to bring high-speed Internet to all Coloradans.

(snip)