[1st-mile-nm] NM DoIT Broadband Program Update

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.org
Thu Sep 3 19:31:33 PDT 2020

 From Gar Clarke:

The NM Online Broadband Map continues to gather Public WiFi Parking Lot
Hotspots within New Mexico.  Currently we have added over 420 sites that
folks without connectivity can gather around the EMF Hotspace and get
services. In addition, under “Funding Areas” within the Table of
Contents (TOC) we’ve added Project Areas the state is focusing on and
“Unserved Locations” that were derived from our NM Broadband Strategic
Plan. We created a HotSpot REST Service that is being ingested by
Geospatial Population Studies  to support Census Activities and
Community Learning Network to directly support families and students. In
fact, take a look at what they built that is data simple, runs on a
smartphone, and acquires information if the HotSpot is not working.
Links follow:

CLN Hotspot Site: http://www.nmhotspots.com
NMBBP Map: https://nmbbmapping.org/mapping/
NMBBP Strategic Plan: