[1st-mile-nm] FCC Muddles the RDOF Grants

Mimbres Communications mimcom at sw-ei.com
Wed Jun 24 15:00:12 PDT 2020

No way DSL can deliver gigabit speeds (at least over more than a few
hundred feet of clean copper).
No argument that the LEOs are a highly speculative bet at this point.
Fixed wireless *can* deliver gigabit speeds in urban/suburban areas, but
the physics simply don't work at distance.

IMO we need to define tiers that better represent customer usage patterns
and then hold bidders truly accountable for not meeting their obligations.
We also need a system that allows smaller providers to compete on the
merits without burying them in legal and financial overhead.

--

Kurt Albershardt  |  Mimbres Communications, LLC  |  575-342-0042