[1st-mile-nm] How a new model can expand broadband access across communities

Christopher Mitchell christopher at ilsr.org
Fri Feb 21 08:57:05 PST 2020

Worth explaining that AT&T is the incumbent telephone company that
CenturyLink is partnering with the city of Springfield to compete against
other. This is an arrangement that CenturyLink lobbyists have
previously tried to ban in Missouri and are still trying to ban
arrangements like this in other states.

I think this is nonetheless a sign of hope for more choice in urban areas
and I hope it works well.

Christopher Mitchell
Director, Community Broadband Networks
Institute for Local Self-Reliance