[1st-mile-nm] Wyrred

Doug Dawson blackbean2 at ccgcomm.com
Mon Dec 30 11:04:10 PST 2019

I know about a large percentage of the fiber projects around the country and I’ve never heard of them. I did only a quick web search but I can’t find any communities where they’ve partnered and built – but it might be done under a different name as part of partnerships, etc.

Their map is misleading. I live in North Carolina and they haven’t build to any of the dots their map shows in NC.

My guess is that they are new and want to build fiber. It never hurts to talk to anybody. However, I’m a bit leery that the first step they describe is for a city to inquire and they then create a local office. That sounds a bit like the first step is to hire them as a consultant. If they are in the business of building fiber, like they say, that would be their marketing expense – but perhaps I’m being cynical and overly cautious.

Would love to hear from somebody if they are real and have built projects.

Doug Dawson