[1st-mile-nm] Connecting New Mexico – The Future of Broadband in our State

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.org
Sat Mar 23 10:31:14 PDT 2019

Connecting New Mexico – The Future of Broadband in our State

Some of us subscribed to this list attended yesterday’s Connecting NM
sessions in Albuquerque.   I want to congratulate the organizers,
primarily Senator Udall’s Office, for this important and timely meeting,
which was free and remarkably well attended (see attached image).
Senator Udall, who serves on a number of federal committees that address
our national broadband agenda, introduced presenters from NM and from
the co-sponsoring NTIA in DC, stewarding information sessions and
discussions on bridging digital divides, schools networking, new
technologies, policy issues, community broadband planning, rural
aggregation demand and partnering strategies, tribal matters, federal
and state funding, next steps and much more.   The program was
additionally sponsored by Senator Heinrich’s Office, City of Albuquerque
and Broadband USA.

The devil (reality of broadband related development in New Mexico) is in
the details and in what we do next.   Stay involved and stay tuned
online as we work to shape an intelligent, healthy and sustaining
networked future for the people of this state.

RL

Richard Lowenberg, Executive Director
1st-Mile Institute     505-603-5200
Box 8001, Santa Fe, NM 87504,