[1st-mile-nm] New Post on Early IoT Use - From the NTIA

Christopher Mitchell christopher at newrules.org
Wed Jun 15 12:59:02 PDT 2016

People interested in one of the most important and least reported aspects
of IoT (not the Internet of things so much as the Insecurity of Things)
should listen to the Security Now podcast or read the transcript of two
recent episodes.

https://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm
Episodes 562 and 563

These technologies are neat little gadgets that create vulnerabilities in
every network they touch because the manufacturers are doing a horrible job
with security considerations. There is a lot of hype around IoT and not
enough clear thinking.

--christopher

Christopher Mitchell
Director, Community Broadband Networks