[1st-mile-nm] CityLink upgrades network

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Wed May 28 07:22:06 PDT 2014

Eloy, great to hear.
Now how do we get  TWTC's fiber to be open access, like CityLink's is
?? I suspect there would be even far more economic activity.

Heck, you would even see us leasing dark fiber so that we could get to
residential and small business, our core focus.  Just like we do today
in LAX and SJC.

Also TWTC could see increased time to market and lower build costs by
using our Open Access Fiber.   Like your current build into 320 Gold.
We are already there with 72 fibers.
It would take 2 business days for us to turn on a pair on our downtown
ring and connect back into the fiber we have in your suite.
Just think of the benefits:

   * Customer turn up measured in a few days instead of weeks.
Revenue faster, commissions faster, happier customer.
   * Savings of tens of thousands in capital construction costs
   * Environmentally Friendly.  Your construction company wouldnt be
throwing away tonns of asphalt, concrete, dirt, etc
   * Less impact on driving, traffic and citizen use of downtown, less
fuel waste, less delays because of traffic

Our open access fiber, meaning Anyone can use our Lit or Dark fiber at
competitive rates, connects more than 170 commercial buildings in
downtown and 500+ homes.
With our uptown ring under development soon downtown and uptown will
have Open Choices for dark fiber.

Imagine a business in uptown that needs dark fiber access to say "The
Innovation Center" that CABQ/UNM and others are building in downtown,
with our Open Access fiber they could connect at unlimited speeds.
Open Access gives them the ability to use the dark fiber in whatever
manner they wish.

Open Access on the actual facilities provides the greatest benefit and
return to the community.  Closed systems don't.