[1st-mile-nm] Helping More Schools Be "Future Ready"

Owen Densmore owen at backspaces.net
Tue Mar 4 09:48:08 PST 2014

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 9:49 AM, Richard Lowenberg <rl at 1st-mile.org> wrote:

> From the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy.
>
> In addition to Adobe and Prezi, many other companies are partnering on
> this initiative,
> including Autodesk, which is offering free software, licenses, training
> and certification
> to every school in the US, through its Digital STEAM program.
>
> Are New Mexico schools stepping up to take advantage of these programs?
>
> RL
> --------

Wow!  This is impressive.

You ask "Are New Mexico schools stepping up to take advantage of these
programs?"

I browsed around some of the links but didn't see details on what the
states need to do to take part.  Is it simply a matter for our state Reps
and Senators?  Or for the state education folks?  Or the individual school
districts?  Or god forbid, our city council?

Thanks for the pointer.

   -- Owen