[1st-mile-nm] Colorado Rural Broadband Blog

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.com
Thu Oct 25 15:45:53 PDT 2012

1st-Mile subscriber and Colorado broadband activist, Frank Ohrtman
has launched his Colorado Rural Broadband Blog.

http://coruralbroadband.blogspot.com/

Today from Frank:

Hi All!
Just to let you know we had a great meeting in Alamosa yesterday. I am
extremely excited about the progress of broadband infrastructure in
the San Luis Valley (5 new middle miles in 2 years!, Crestone Telecom
is approaching the break even point 6 months after launch, SLVREC is
planning for fiber to the home (meter). All this in a 6-county region
containing 4 of our state's persistent poverty counties! I am very
optimistic about the prospects for these communities!

Please visit our blog and feel free to post!

Frank Ohrtman
720-839-4063

Richard Lowenberg
1st-Mile Institute