[1st-mile-nm] Broadband speed comparison aka Google Fiber Like service in ABQ

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Sat Sep 22 19:51:38 PDT 2012

New customer, comparing same customer, same location, same computer, same customer router.
The only difference is "Fiber Fast" copper wire based DSL  vs  "TruFiber(tm)" fiber connected to subscribers home.

Here is Qwest DSL
Note its a C-  slower than 60% of USA
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2196253118.png

Here is same customer now on Fiber
Note its a A+  Faster than 98% of USA
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2196268132.png

Others talk about building it, we ACTUALLY ARE BUILDING IT.

And unlike others, our fiber is OPEN.  So we are perfectly happy allowing other ISP's to sell their services on our Ethernet based transport.  Competitively priced, open access to boot :)