[1st-mile-nm] Part 2 of Eric Mack's Rural NM Broadband Story

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.com
Tue Mar 27 10:45:31 PDT 2012

Here's the second part of Eric Mack's series,
the first installment of which I posted here yesterday.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57401255-1/bringing-broadband-to-the-boonies-part-2-dsls-dark-side/?tag=rb_content;contentBody

-------

As I am mentioned in the article, having had a phone conversation with
Eric a couple of weeks ago,
I will note that the story is his.      I will also say that I am a
CenturyLink DSL
customer, living in near-central Santa Fe, where I cannot even get 1.5
Mb download speed DSL service.
This is not simply a rural issue.

However, there are both private sector and public sector initiatives
that should be addressed,
which can result in phased win-win outcomes for all of us.    This
should not only be about
bashing the incumbents.  As difficult as it may be, we need to work
together on real, viable
solutions that can benefit us all.   They are possible.
Richard

--
Richard Lowenberg
1st-Mile Institute