[1st-mile-nm] Agave Broadband Posting

Marianne Granoff granoff at zianet.com
Thu Dec 8 18:24:17 PST 2011

While John Brown may have many faults - his lack of technical expertise
is not one of them.  John was one of the first local ISPs in the state
and has worked collaboratively with other New Mexico ISPs and
technologists for over 20 years.  He has always been and continues to be
extremely knowledgeable about various media, technologies, and equipment
used for a variety of transmission protocols.

I think Mr. Kirkpatrick's personally belittling remarks concerning John
were totally uncalled for.  Most of what John said was accurate and very
much appreciated by those of us who wondered about the technology being
used by Agave.  We have all heard a lot of hype in press releases that
hasn't lived up to expectations later on.

There are valid reasons to use this techology in New Mexico, just as
there are reasons to use other technologies.  Mr Kirkpatrick has
explained what he is doing in response to John's comments - but he could
have done it without the personally disparaging comments, in my opinion.

Marianne Manley Granoff
Retired