[1st-mile-nm] Agave Broadband News

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.com
Tue Dec 6 16:20:22 PST 2011

 ALBUQUERQUE CHOSEN AS FIRST COMMERCIAL U.S. SITE FOR NEW BROADBAND
 TECHNOLOGY ROLLOUT

 Albuquerque is the first U.S. city selected to receive breakthrough,
 internet connection
 technology that promises up to 50Mbs, wireless internet speeds at very
 competitive pricing.
 The technology is called Multi‐Channel Video and Data Distribution
 Service (MVDDS)
 and is already operating in the UAE, Ireland, France, Vietnam,
 Greenland and Serbia.
 The technology was developed by Florida based, MDS America. Deploying
 the technology in
 New Mexico is Agave Broadband, the exclusive licensee for New Mexico.

 “This partnership with MDSA will provide the latest internet,
 high‐speed connectivity technology
 to the Albuquerque market and outlying areas,” said Les Matthews –
 Agave Broadband Director.
 “This is another step in our long‐term strategy to bring affordable,
 high‐speed connectivity
 to both commercial and residential users in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and
 in parts of rural New Mexico.”

 MVDDS uses patented and patent‐pending technology to take advantage of
 a licensed broadcast spectrum
 owned by Agave partner, MDS America. “We’ve successfully deployed this
 technology in many
 rural parts of the world,” said Kirk Kirkpatrick, MDS America,
 President and CEO.
 “The Albuquerque market provides an excellent opportunity to deploy in
 a combination of
 rural/urban markets containing a wide variety of climatic conditions.
 New Mexico is just the beginning of our rollout of MVDDS technology
 into the United States.”
 The product is expected to be available in December, 2011.

 Agave recently acquired Cibola Internet Services, who had begun the
 preliminary discussions with
 MDS America. Lou Uttaro, Cibola’s owner had for many years been on the
 forefront of bringing
 innovative internet services to New Mexico, will remain involved with
 Agave in deploying the
 MVDDS technology in the state.

 Agave Broadband currently provides wireless broadband internet service
 to the East Mountains
 from Edgewood to Mountainair. The partnership with MDS America will
 allow expansion of the company’s
 current service offerings to many population centers in the State of
 New Mexico.

 Consumers and businesses interested in Agave Broadband services should
 call 505.369.7979 x 2406
 or sales at agavebroadband.com. Further information regarding MDS America
 can be found at MDSAmerica.com.

 Agave Broadband is a Member Company of the WESST Enterprise Center.

 Contact: Les Matthews, Director, Agave Broadband,  505.369.7979 x 2408

--
 Richard Lowenberg
 1st-Mile Institute
 rl at 1st-mile.com