[1st-mile-nm] National LambdaRail Network update

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.com
Sun Dec 4 16:21:55 PST 2011

 Forwarded from Bill St. Arnaud: http://billstarnaud.blogspot.com/

 The Networked Health Information Technology Universe

 National LambdaRail, the most innovative American optical research
 network, has been taken over by Los Angeles billionaire Patrick Soon
 Shiong.

 The COOK Report was permitted a very brief interview with Robert
 Peirce, the Manager of Dr. Soon Shiong's financial interests. We had
 done a lot of research about the Dr's activities before the late August
 interview and given the scarcity of information afforded us, we spent a
 great deal of time executing an open intelligence search of the web. (A
 month before the interview and another two months after.)  We paint a
 very detailed picture of the Dr.'s activities especially during the time
 since the sale of his first company, American Pharmaceutical Partners in
 2008, that made him a billionaire.

 We conclude that the Dr. is using his immense wealth to build a new
 health care system in the southern California and Phoenix, Arizona area.
 While we agree that his policy and technology analysis is highly
 innovative and logistically sound, we are concerned that, although he
 makes many stirring speeches, he operates largely out of sight. But, as
 readers will find out, extensive use of the Web enables us to build a
 very detailed portrait of what he is doing.

 For the complete article: http://www.cookreport.com/

--
 Richard Lowenberg
 1st-Mile Institute