[1st-mile-nm] Internet Center Opens in Cerrillos

Steven Grabiel sgrabiel at higherspeed.net
Mon Sep 26 05:34:12 PDT 2011

Yeah Agave used the Communinty Connect dollar to provide an area that already had Internet in Manzano, by my company...Higherspeed Internet.  The Community Connect money is for places with NO broadband Internet.  They are utilizing these funds to expand there coverage to areas in the East Mountains where there are now 6 providers of broadband. Funny thing is they announce that their community center will be open 40 hours per week.  Well the Manzano Facility has been operational for a few months now and they are not running it 40 hours per week, due to budgetary issues they claim.

I thought that Cerrillos had Broadband from the La Canada Wireless Cooperative