[1st-mile-nm] Data Access Costs in Europe AND MEXICO

C Steven Lucero cstevenlucero at latingroupllc.com
Fri Apr 1 14:24:45 PDT 2011

Verizon's Nationwide PLUS Mexico is a voice minutes only service. Additional
data rates apply. However, the bill was so large NOT becuase of Verizon, but
becuase of Telmex (Telcel/America Movil) - Carlos Slim's company. They
charge the most expensive data rates/minute in the World. The data roaming
charges is more than likely what you were billed for, even though Verizon's
plan says they are not billed. OR worse, the Mexican provider was Iusacell,
which declared bankruptcy last year and is charging even more outrageous
Int'l Roaming fees.

There is a rumor that Verizon, for the third time in 7 years, is going to
cancel the Nationwide PLUS Mexico plan. If so, AT&T and Cingular have one as
well. But data will be similarly expensive.

I have the Verizon plan w/Blackberry and do not get billed more than what I
pay as a fixed per month fee, nor for web access on my BlackBerry.

C. Steven Lucero
President
LatinGroup LLC
(505) 217-9212            US Office
(52) 55 5351 4922    Mexico Office

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained herein is considered as
trade secret, and therefore is privileged and confidential. It is intended
exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If you
are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, please reply this e-mail to sender
or call (505) 217-9212, and delete or destroy all copies of this message
including its attachments. The reader is hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message is strictly
prohibited.