[1st-mile-nm] Fwd: Re: Rural Broadband Access To Grow, Slowly But Surely - Kiplinger.com - StumbleUpon

Marianne Granoff granoff at zianet.com
Tue Dec 8 20:12:44 PST 2009

This sounds like it was written by an RBOC PR person to me.  This
also sounds like the RBOCs think they are the only ones who can
provide high speed broadband.  Why would we tax phone service in
order to subsidize broadband provided by cable or fixed wireless service?

This may be the last straw in convincing people to give up their
land-line phones and go to cable and/or wireless and VOIP.  Maybe
that's what the FCC wants?