[1st-mile-nm] Sacred Wind wins Shine a Light award

Richard Lowenberg lowenberg at designnine.com
Mon Oct 19 10:58:43 PDT 2009

A big, well-deserved congratulations to Sacred Wind Communications,
Inc., which has been voted the national winner of the Shine a Light
contest.

http://shinealight.ivillage.com/sbo-profile/?ProfileID=8923?

--------

The following is from John Badal, Sacred Wind CEO:

You’ve no doubt seen that Sacred Wind won the Shine a Light contest.
Thank you so much for your help in getting out the vote.  It is
gratifying to see that a little company as ours, with our special
mission, won 1st place above other deserving companies.  We also
consider it an affirmation of what we and other rural telecomm
carriers and our vendors do on a day to day basis, with little to no
fanfare, in support of our rural customers and our local communities.

As the winner in the American Express/NBC Universal Shine a Light
contest, we will receive a cash award of $50,000 and an additional
$50,000 in marketing support from American Express.  As promised, we
intend to channel half of the cash award to our nonprofit’s
scholarship fund and will use the remainder of the cash award to
complement the marketing assistance that American Express will offer
to help achieve our service objectives.

Again, thanks for all your help.

John

http://www.sacredwindcommunications.com