[1st-mile-nm] CityLink Telecom Announcement

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.com
Thu Oct 8 09:00:31 PDT 2009

CityLink? Extends Service Area, Upgrades Back-Bone to 10Gig

ALBUQUERQUE, NM ? October 7, 2009

CityLink Telecommunications? (www.citylinkfiber.com) announced today the
successful launch of its Los Angeles, California POP (Point of Presence) site.

The LAX POP site is located within the prestigious ?1 Wilshire? carrier
hotel and co-location facility.  CityLink is the first locally owned provider
to establish a 10Giga-bit Ethernet pipe between Los Angeles and its Albuquerque
data center.

10 Giga-bits per second is approximately 10,000 (TEN THOUSAND) times faster than
traditional T1, Wireless, Cable, or DSL based Internet services.
?As the only local provider to have a redundant 10GigE link, CityLink is
positioned to provide the absolute best customer service, bandwidth and pricing
for our customers.? said company founder and President John Brown.  ?Our
presence at 1 Wilshire connects us to over 180 other regional, national and
international providers. No other local provider can say that.?

CityLink is dedicated to the mission of bringing ultra high-speed connectivity
to New Mexico.  The company achieves this, in part, by leveraging its open
access, neutral fiber optic network and by establishing peering and transit
connections with major networks.

David West had this to say about the new connectivity, ?I?ve always had
really good speed and service from CityLink.  With the new link I was able to
immediately see a 300 percent increase in my average transfer rates. I don?t
know of any other provider that has as fast and as reliable of a connection?.
David West manages the IT network for the Verge Fund?s incubator building
located in downtown Albuquerque. The Verge Building is a fiber optic client of
CityLink.

CityLink is continuing to expand its 10GigE network with connections to Phoenix,
El Paso, Sunnyvale, Portland, Seattle, Boise, Salt Lake, Denver, Chicago and New
York, planned over the next few months. With the completion of the New York
link, CityLink will become the only local provider to truly join the National
Network Provider ranks.

?In a time of economic uncertainty, our customers enjoy lower costs, enhanced
services, and better reliability. Saving money is important as is getting more
for each dollar spent.? said Rock Schouman of CityLink Telecommunications.
CityLink is able to deliver High Speed dedicated Internet access services in,
New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, California, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana,
North Dakota, South Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.

--
Richard Lowenberg
1st-Mile Institute