[1st-mile-nm] Norwegian ISP: dig your own fiber trench, save $400 - Ars Technica

Steve Ross editorsteve at gmail.com
Thu May 14 14:57:18 PDT 2009

There's a lot of this, all over Scandinavia. We've done
stories on it out of Sweden and Denmark as well, and there
is at least one example in the Netherlands.

People used to build their own phone networks in the US.
Pretty much every history of a telephone cooperative here
describes how the farmers laid or strung the first wires.

Steven S. Ross
Editor-in-Chief
Broadband Properties
steve at broadbandproperties.com