[1st-mile-nm] Senate to vote on broadband investment (fwd)

Dale Carstensen dlc at lampinc.com
Wed Feb 4 15:23:39 PST 2009

Here is a message I just received from the Communications Workers
of America union's speedmatters project.  They run a speedtest
website, and if you use that and let them know your e-mail
address, you get on their mailing list.  One can certainly
find more information about both the CWA and speedmatters.org
by doing a search for "CWA speedmatters".

I'm not sure their point-of-view is exactly aligned with
either incumbent phone companies, or cable companies, or any
duopoly cabal.  But the wording of these messages tends to be
very diplomatic and I suspect legal staff has gone over it with
a find-tooth comb to avoid offending anyone at all, except maybe
Western Union and the Pony Express.