[1st-mile-nm] Insanely ill-informed NYT broadband article

Steve Ross editorsteve at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 07:37:37 PST 2009

The problem is that the incumbents dictated the story to the
NYT, and the stenographer there just put it all in. So I
don't really want to let them off the hook.

BTw, clarification as I was typing like mad. There's a
totally unsourced statement in the article that it would
take until 2015 to do the build. That's 6-7 years. The only
way THAT could happen is if the regulatory machinery for
handing out the funds is delayed.

Steve