[1st-mile-nm] Fwd: Kids to Obama: 'We need Internet for everyone!'

Tom Johnson tom at jtjohnson.com
Thu Jan 22 14:42:56 PST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Misty Perez Truedson <mperez at freepress.net>
Date: Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 1:54 PM
Subject: Kids to Obama: 'We need Internet for everyone!'
To: tom at jtjohnson.com

  [image: Internet for
Everyone]<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=H2RmFA_4mOeYB5U8DMlCBw..>

Tom,
  [image: President Obama can you please give us
Internet?]<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=c4Q_YYuZR69cohjIvYmONA..>

*"President Obama,
**can you please give us the Internet?"*

Free Press has created an amazing new video with exclusive footage that we
hope you'll share with your members. As the president and Congress decide
how to invest in high-speed Internet buildout, millions of Americans still
struggle on the wrong side of the digital divide.

Last week, we spoke to children in Washington, D.C., who have a message for
President Obama: *"We need Internet access."
*
*Help their message get heard by embedding and linking to this video on your
site, and forwarding it to your members and allies.*

As I've mentioned in previous calls, we're documenting the digital divide
across the country, and this D.C. video is part of a series on this story.
I'll keep you all posted as we roll them out, and as we work on
InternetforEveryone.org together.

Thanks for all that you do.

Best,

Misty Perez Truedson
Campaign Coordinator
Free Press :: http://www.freepress.net/<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=Mf2SvE5iANqjl73wOlv9uw..>

P.S. Don't forget to embed or link to the video on your site.

*"President Obama, can you please give us Internet?"
*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVLYRDoC8nY*

* <http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=L-eft9x1VSeh6VHSmzy5GQ..>Embed code:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
http://www.youtube.com/v/dVLYRDoC8nY&hl=en&fs=1%22%3E%3C/param%3E%3Cparam<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=l4KFR80nGxL_wFj_oMu36Q..>name="allowFullScreen"
value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess"
value="always"></param><embed src="
http://www.youtube.com/v/dVLYRDoC8nY&hl=en&fs=1<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=lsW__BrxqCcrrgK7CMmEgw..>"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always"
allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://free.convio.net/site/CO<http://free.convio.net/site/CO?i=QjjiQLxNVxLGwC4ZSsxCfs-a1ItqRuwA&cid=0>
      InternetforEveryone.org is a national coalition of individuals, public
interest and industry groups who are working together to see that the
Internet continues to drive free speech, economic growth and prosperity in
America. Learn more at
*www.internetforeveryone.org/<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=79If5Z-kZ1HIwNoBj4eOfw..>
*

--
J. T. Johnson
Institute for Analytic Journalism -- Santa Fe, NM USA
http://www.jtjohnson.com                 tom at jtjohnson.com

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the
existing model obsolete."
-- Buckminster Fuller