[1st-mile-nm] Qwest slashes "Connect Quantum" Internet price

peter pete at ideapete.com
Fri Dec 19 16:58:45 PST 2008

First 20 mps is really 2.5 megabyte and typically upstream is about 10 -
15% of the downstream speed

 From my sources in Denver the service is a joke and rarely gets the
10mps or 1.25 megabyte range and service swings are huge ( they are
using Bandwidth monitor pro )

As Qwest no longer will agree to SLA agreement or data on its broadband
connection service the difference in business and residential rates is
criminal

I also believe that the PRC many times has asked Qwest for traffic
service patterns to back up their claims and has been told this type of
information is proprietary, go figure

The true rate for this type of service should be a $ buck a Meg and
thats for bytes the rest is hype

( : ( : pete

Peter Baston

*IDEAS*