[1st-mile-nm] NMCAC-Darkstrand Announcement

peter pete at ideapete.com
Fri Nov 28 21:15:12 PST 2008

Hi Tom

That does not seem to gibe with the press releases coming out of Chicago

http://gigaom.com/2008/10/27/darkstrand-rides-national-lambda-rail/

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081027-darkstrand-lights-up-lambdarail-for-commercial-use.html

This is a direct quote/ " When it ( Darkstrand )  bid for the contract
to offer commercial access to the federal fiber network, Dark Strand
competed against telecommunications providers like Qwest, Level 3 and
AT&T that were also seeking to use the network for IP transport.  /Sadly
no one i have talked to knows anything about a bid or contract neither
does Garry and he should know, anyone on this list know ?.

They are not talking about an MOU they are talking about a done deal and
if thats incorrect shouldn't the State put out a disclaimer

The maps posted indicate they are already claiming the exclusive
commercial rights for the entire NLR network although they are a startup
with zero experience at this type of work but are still "Quote Looking
for clients ".
Can you post network map of the switches and on routes they are supposed
to be working on as this would need close cooperation with L3 and Qwest
and as far as they know thats news to them to.

If the pop at 505 ( do you mean the gigapop )  is the source connector
how on earth can they claim NLR  access out to businesses unless John B
found a financier

( : ( : pete

Peter Baston

*IDEAS*