[1st-mile-nm] Qwest and Pueblo of Pojoaque Reach Right-of-Way Agreement

Ripperger, Michael, PRC Mike.Ripperger at state.nm.us
Mon Aug 25 10:38:55 PDT 2008

The Commission has yet to respond to Qwest's request to dismiss case
07-00189-UT based on this agreement between Qwest and Pojoaque Pueblo.
The Commission's investigation in that case centered around the
Commission's concern that service may be interrupted to those
communities served by the SF North exchange, Windstream's continued
ability to get its northern traffic backhauled through the connectivity
it has on the Pueblo, and the Commission's concern that Qwest live up to
its broadband commitments under the Second Amended Settlement Agreement
in that area. I do not know if the Commission will ask for further
explanation, or just dismiss the case based upon the assurances so far
of Qwest and the Pueblo. If anyone ever needs to see what is transpiring
in cases at the Commission, you can get a password and look at the
filings in the cases. http://www.nmprc.state.nm.us/caselookup.htm

Michael Ripperger
Telecommunications Bureau Chief
New Mexico Public Regulation Commission