[1st-mile-nm] FCC makes a move toward Net Neutrality

Carroll Cagle carroll at cagleandassociates.com
Fri Aug 1 12:04:46 PDT 2008

Many of you may have received this information already-but I am forwarded a
notice I just got from the organization, "Free Press" (edited to remove some
of their promotional phraseology).

Carroll Cagle

Your hard work is paying off! Just one hour ago, the Federal Communications
Commission voted to punish Comcast for violating Net Neutrality and blocking
your right to do what you want on the Internet.

.

Today's vote at the FCC is a precedent-setting victory that sends a powerful
message to phone and cable companies that blocking access to the Internet
will not be tolerated from this time forward.

News of this win is now being covered by every major news outlet as a
turning point for Net Neutrality. Many more people are discovering our
people-powered movement for a free and open Internet.

Today's FCC victory is a milestone, but our work is far from done. Companies
like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon are continuing to fight Net Neutrality using
lobbyists, lawyers and campaign contributions. These spec

The Internet's true greatness lies in those of us who use its level playing
field to challenge the status quo, create and share new ideas, take part in
our democracy and connect with others around the world -- without permission
from any gatekeepers.

With your help and commitment, today's win will be just the first of many to
protect innovation, free speech and democracy on the Internet.

Thank you!

Timothy Karr
Campaign Director
Free Press