[1st-mile-nm] CyberCenter response from Leo Baca

Marianne Granoff granoff at zianet.com
Fri Jul 25 14:36:19 PDT 2008

Leo is not a member of all of the lists to which I posted the
original message.  He is correct that Qwest is only asking for $10
million of the SASA money to be used towards the proposed
Cybercenter.  I apologize for the error.

Just a reminder if you want to use the conference call bridge to make
public comments on Monday, you must contact

Cecilia Rios at 505 827-4501 or send her email at
cecilia.rios at state.nm.us with your name, address, and phone number by
TODAY at 4:00 pm.

The bridge will be available at 9:40 AM on Monday the 28th for a
short while to allow people (who notify Cecilia Rios first) from all
areas of the state to provide input to the Commissioners on this
specific issue.

I.E.
1) yes - Qwest should get to use the money for the Cybercenter in
Albuquerque since we do not need Qwest to spend that money on Qwest's network

or

2) no - Qwest should spend the money on their network, especially in
rural areas, not on another Cybercenter in Albuquerque.
Please do not bring up any other issue during this particular meeting
unless it is relevant to this discussion.

The telephone number for the bridge is 1-866-295-5950. The PIN is
5754422 and then a # on your phone keypad.

Best Regards,

Marianne

Marianne Granoff
Chair, Public Affairs Committee
New Mexico Internet Professionals Association
P.O. Box 22641
Santa Fe, NM 87502
http://www.nmipa.org
505 246-4634 or 505 980-7919