[1st-mile-nm] CWA Letter: Broadband Mapping Advocacy

Dale Carstensen dlc at lampinc.com
Tue Jul 15 08:40:32 PDT 2008

Well, there's an idea, a union, such as CWA, or maybe a professional
society, such as IEEE, could actually do something instead of just
interfere with progress by seeking preferences for its members (or
try to keep its collective knowledge secret).  Well, IEEE does develop
and publish standards, and I'm sure CWA members are grateful for the
raises their union got them over the years, and the jobs their
union preserved for them.  Hmm, is CWA offering fiber training for
dead-end copper workers?

  Mr. Dale

>From:   Richard Lowenberg <rl at 1st-mile.com>

>Telecom. infrastructure mapping is one part of a decision-support process to
>bring true broadband to all; to address bandwidth and pricing; to consider
>public-private partnerships; and to promote the pplications that will support
>lives and livelihoods.   A few states have taken on this challenge.   Here's
>the text of a letter from the CWA, in support of a national initiative.   Ther
>are growing calls to do undertake a broadband mapping initiative in NM, from t
>he
>public sector and some telcos, as well.
>rl
... snip ...