[1st-mile-nm] Couple of interesting links

peter pete at ideapete.com
Fri Jul 11 11:27:16 PDT 2008

First one is a diagram of the worlds submarine cables between continents

The interesting segment is the incremental increase in bandwidth for the
next 6 years to 51 terrabits especially how its targeting specific
application use ( Imagine how even I2 and NLR look poorly in comparison
) Simple issue if we are doing this under hostile ocean environment why
cant we do this on land

Technology Review: New Oceans of Data
http://www.technologyreview.com/Infotech/20928/?a=f

Next bit is an article on Internet congestion, I posted this simply
because its one of the most logical articles without technogobbledegook
and buried in it is one of the clearest illustrations of  issues with
TCP protocol and innovative ways around the problems and also sadly how
they could be misused.

http://www.technologyreview.com/read_article.aspx?ch=specialsections&sc=futurebiz&id=20919&a=

Its an absolute must read for our legislatures and politicians to get
them grounded

( : ( : pete
--

Peter Baston