[1st-mile-nm] NLR & Darkstrand

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.com
Tue Jun 24 09:50:54 PDT 2008

      Like some others of you that are keenly interested in the future of the
LambdaRail Network in New Mexico (and nationwide), I am making contact with key
individuals at the NLR and at Darkstrand.   I will post updates to this list as
I learn more.   I hope that those involved with the NM LambdaRail, that are
subscribed to this list, will help us to understand the issues, the
opportunities and potential difficulties, accurately and openly.
      The following short note was just sent to me by Tom West, Pres. and CEO of
the NLR:

DARKSTRAND PURCHASED THE RIGHT TO 50% OF THE CIRCUIT CAPACITY ON THE NLR
BACKBONE--NATIONWIDE--80/64 CIRCUITS ON EACH SEGMENT--64 ON ALBUQUERQUE TO EL
PASO IS EXAMPLE.  NLR RETAINS 64 OR TWICE ITS CURRENT CAPACITY ON THAT SAME
SEGMENT.

IT DOES NOT AFFECT NLR GOVERNANCE IN ANY WAY.  A BUSINESS ALLIANCE NOT A MERGER
OR A BUY INTO NLR.

DARKSTRAND IS WORKING HARD TO WORK WITH REGIONAL MEMBERS.  NEW MEXICO IS A
PRIORITY.

TOM

--
Richard Lowenberg