[1st-mile-nm] ANOTHER film studio

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Mon Jun 23 18:46:12 PDT 2008

I have heard rumor that a new studio is arriving in RR.

At present Sandoval county has no connection to the NM-NLR or the NLR.

Sandoval county did execute an agreement with NM-NLR about 1 to 2 years
ago that was suppose to give them commercial access/use and a seat on
the NM-NLR Board of Directors.  Last I knew this has yet to be followed
thru with on the NM-NLR side.

Sandoval County will have a wireless network that will support 100Mb/s.
  The Phase 1 backbone will NOT be connecting to downtown RR.

I think certain folks don't understand what bit rate means and thus have
a hard time comprehending the difference (let alone the technical
challenges) of 100,000,000 bits per second vs 1,000,000,000 bits per second.

My personal view is that Sandoval County deserves a bunch of credit for
continuing to work on getting a vision executed.  This current cycle
promises to be highly productive and I believe they will reach the phase
1 goals generally on schedule.  A 100Mb/s link to Cuba HS and the
community of Cuba is a VERY GOOD THING, IMHO.

To realize the amount of bit rate that a movie studio will need,
requires fiber optics, more specifically DARK FIBER.  But given that I
own the only Dark Fiber company in the state, I won't toot our horn
about that on a list.

The above data is what I believe to be current facts, minus the sugar
coating. :)