[1st-mile-nm] San Jose Mercury News: Fiber optics' digital divide

Steve Ross editorsteve at gmail.com
Mon May 26 07:01:31 PDT 2008

We have of course been on the story a long time.

Broadband HAS revolutionized Korea -- with half the per
capita GDP and a sixth the population, Korea generates about
as much Internet traffic as the US. It has changed
journalism there for the better, provided dozens of new
services we don't have. A Korean city (Gangnam, which is
part of Seoul) just won the ICF award.

Steven S. Ross
Editor-in-Chief
Broadband Properties