[1st-mile-nm] [FRIAM] Kicking the Internet up a notch

John Osmon josmon at rigozsaurus.com
Mon Apr 7 16:24:39 PDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 02:58:31PM -0600, David Breecker wrote:
> Back to Tom's original question:  I'd like to propose that National
> Lambda Rail, NM Lambda Rail, the NMCAC, the 1st Mile Institute, and
> the Governor's Science and Technology Advisor would be an appropriate
> ad hoc task force to see if and how The Grid could reach us here.
>
> If that makes sense, I'll volunteer for service.  Thoughts?

I'll throw some chum in the water:

What is "The Grid," and what is needed to connect to it?

Does it have to be ubiquitious?  Or is is sufficient to build
one or two points of presence, and then extend its reach over
time?

How granular does that presence have to be before we're content
that "The Grid" reaches us?