[1st-mile-nm] Fwd: Interesting Article on muni wi-fi

peter pete at ideapete.com
Sat Mar 22 23:49:58 PDT 2008

Agreed they are a critical part, but to get municipalities to understand
the fact that to really use any form of digital  technology fully, you
need to radically change the way you operate and do business, well ??
does anyone know of any government department that understands this and
is even trying

In NM the state and local government is spending a fortune on all sorts
of different protocol and web technology but the oxymoron pops up when
you see that the states AG is trying to make EMAIL an official method of
communication and there are a heck of a lot of government employees who
disagree with him

( : ( : pete

Peter Baston

*IDEAS*