[1st-mile-nm] Los Alamos Fiber Blog

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Sun Mar 16 12:55:06 PDT 2008

These issues are SIMPLE to resolve for those that understand the
process.  For those that are new to the process (like I was 3 years ago)
it can be a very high mountain to climb.  In reality its not that high,
but takes a measured and unswerving commitment to get it done.

Its amazing how many people attempt to "force" the muni to go and build
it on the backs of the tax payers.  Didn't we do that once already?????
 I think it was called Ma Bell :)  Not sure that is what we want these days.

Anyone wanting to seriously engage and create such network can contact
me off list.  We understand the practical economics and costs to design,
build and maintain a fiber network. Its not cheap, but if your ROI time
frame is properly adjusted, it can be a home run.

By the by, my existence proof of my statements above is in the ground in
ABQ.  I *OWN* a metro fiber network and have nearly tripled its reach in
the 3 years I've owned it.

John Brown, President
CityLink Fiber Holdings, Inc.
Building Neutral Open Access Metro Fiber Networks.