[1st-mile-nm] Mea Culpa and Comment

peter pete at ideapete.com
Tue Feb 12 10:46:06 PST 2008

Good points both and Marianne very well said, especially the last point
regarding " Mega bucks to out of state consultants "

I asked several of the governors staff in my usual diplomatic vernacular
" Why do Government Departments, and their affiliates, at all levels in
NM contract with out of state and sometimes out of country companies and
as a result get abysmal results when this state has some of the top IT
talents in the world "
The response was enlightening " Local sources and talents are too
pragmatic whereas out of state and country companies come without local
perspectives and as a result a better vision plan "

So thats all right then us poor locals do not want to mess up our
neighborhood and KNOW we have to live with what we build whereas the OOS
genius don't.

Last point in the set again to Marianne,  The primary telco she talks
about gets its directives from Colorado " isn't that a shrewed form of
economic warfare ? "

Last last point: At last weeks Friam meeting, when I explained to the
group the issues and challenges raised in the mea culpa post,  regarding
project clarity and visualization relating to economic development  with
I2 / LMDR  / SBB and more. Most agreed that the chances of any of the
major entities involved responding to such a logical request was
unlikely and so a group of us are going to wait the 30 days and then
respond in kind and SHOW how it can be done.

( : ( : pete

Peter Baston

*IDEAS*

/www.ideapete.com/ <http://www.ideapete.com/>