[1st-mile-nm] Sandoval County Broadband Project

peter pete at ideapete.com
Fri Feb 8 20:32:11 PST 2008

This is turning into a wonderful project

Lets see, the target audience in Cuba and along 528  ( who's total
population is around 600 but only about 150 will get the signal which
will be wifi strength and less ) the county threw in $1.5m they will
throw in anther $1m more just for the signal ( Ill bet this figure will
go up ) , no one talks about the $1m the state put into the pot making
$3.5m that equates to spending $22,000 per user for a signal with no
applications attached, no email, no security, nada, no network design ,
no application design, no usability exercise, no service cost
comparison, no voip. It certainly is cheap high speed snail speed
connectivity and really gives a new definition to the word cheap
government wise that is.  Netlogix should make a killing on this one