[1st-mile-nm] Fun question at the legislature

peter pete at ideapete.com
Fri Jan 18 15:13:33 PST 2008

OK now I REST my case

About 35 - 40  people from state / county / city / gov at the
legislature were asked this question,  in passing conversation, at the
round house this week

1st question = Do you think that internet speed / broadband both to the
user and from the user is critical to our states future ?

Everyone answered " Yes absolutely and more gushing comment Yada yada yada "

These included Senators / Legislators / Mangers at all / staff even tech
staff at all levels

2nd question = Do you know the difference between a Megabyte and a Megabit ?

Only one could answer positively  and she was a state database admin and
grinned like crazy, shaking her head, when I explained what was going on
( Most brushed it off as a unique techie term or worse waffled )

Simply -------------if they do NOT know what it is in how in the heck
can they legislate it

No I did not record names its just to embarrassing, but I think we
should encourage the press to do something similar

( : ( : pete
--

Peter Baston

*IDEAS*