[1st-mile-nm] California Broadband Initiative

peter pete at ideapete.com
Thu Jan 17 15:37:31 PST 2008

Until we get real time digital maps that show speeds up and down in
realistic numbers of megabytes the ones in this report look like them
came with support of the cable and telco companies and slanted
appropriately .

The report seems very heavy on the usual gushing broadband healthcare
initiatives etall but very light on real meat like applications , real
need usability, competition , cost etc

We should agitate that an edict should be passed that real Broadband is
nothing less that 25 megabytes per second up and down and anything less
than that is tinyskinnyband period.

It always fascinates me when government departments publish static text
and maps in pdf on a website instead of doing Google mashups to show
whats really happening

Then again that would show the real truth

Doesn't it strike anyone as odd when that with all the digital traffic
routing patterns available that someone feels the need to convert this
to paper the scan the paper and publish it back on a website. Then again
it could be me

I cannot believe this came from the same state as Gig or bust and sadly
in NM we are more attuned to K or pop

( : ( : pete

--

Peter Baston