[1st-mile-nm] Qwest Comm. Strategic Update

Steve Ross editorsteve at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 17:25:18 PST 2008

They get it at Qwest. They just don't think they can afford
it, and they are unwilling to explore partnerships with
government to raise capital.

British Telecom CEO said the same thing last year. But using
a technique called "reporting," we found out what company
insiders really were saying to each other.

Verizon will end up overbuilding the most dense parts of the
Qwest footprint once it finishes its own service area in
2011. The CLEC from Hell. Bye-bye Qwest unless they change
strategies.

Steven S. Ross
Editor-in-Chief
Broadband Properties