[1st-mile-nm] Jason Marks Elected NM PRC Chair

Richard Lowenberg rl at radlab.com
Sat Jan 5 17:05:25 PST 2008

>From the NM PRC's January 3, 2008 Press Release:

NEW MEXICO PUBLIC REGULATION COMMISSION ELECTS
MARKS AND JONES AS CHAIRMAN AND VICE CHAIRMAN

Today at their first meeting of the New Year, the New Mexico Public
Regulation Commission elected Commissioner Jason Marks (Dist. 1) as
Chairman and Commissioner Sandy Jones (Dist. 5) as Vice-chairman.

First elected in November 2004, Commissioner Marks has served the last
three years as vice-chairman of the New Mexico Public Regulation
Commission. Marks was at the forefront in making sure the Public
Regulation Commission played an important role in the transition from
fossil-fuel dependency to energy supplies that are environmentally and
financially sustainable. In 2007, he sponsored and passed renewable
energy rules at the Commission that creates diversity targets for solar
energy and distributed generation.

It has been an honor and privilege to serve the people of New Mexico as
commissioner and now as chairman of the New Mexico Public Regulation
Commission, Marks said. I gladly accept this chairmanship and I look
forward to a very productive year in 2008.

Commissioner Sandy Jones was sworn in on January 1, 2007 to his first
elected office, New Mexico Public Regulation Commissioner for southwest
New Mexico. Jones is committed to putting his business experience to work
at the Public Regulation Commission to help small businesses to thrive.
Recognizing the importance of small businesses and the fact that it is the
backbone of our state economy; Jones is confident that given the tools to
succeed, small businesses will create jobs necessary for the children of
our state to stay at home in New Mexico to work and raise their families.
Im proud to do this and I look forward to it, said Jones. Its an honor to
serve as the vice-chairman of the Public Regulation Commission.

For more information, please contact the PRC Public Information Office at
505.827.4446.

NEW MEXICO PUBLIC REGULATION COMMISSION COMMISSIONERS:
DISTRICT 1 JASON MARKS, CHAIRMAN
DISTRICT 2 DAVID W. KING
DISTRICT 3 BEN R. LUJAN
DISTRICT 4 CAROL K. SLOAN