[1st-mile-nm] In India, Poverty Inspires Technology Workers to Altruism - New York Times

Tom Johnson tom at jtjohnson.com
Sat Nov 3 10:54:27 PDT 2007

In case you missed this, I encourage you to take a look at this
article in last week's NYTimes.  It illustrates how -- if there is a
rich network available -- wonderful creativity can be spawned.  Yes,
New Mexico's population and economy is far different from that of
India, but I suspect our employment levels are somewhat seasonal.
Perhaps a state-wide network could help to minimize those
fluctuations.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/30/technology/30poor.html ---

-- Tom

J. T. Johnson
Institute for Analytic Journalism -- Santa Fe, NM USA
www.analyticjournalism.com
505.577.6482(c)                                 505.473.9646(h)
http://www.jtjohnson.com                 tom at jtjohnson.com

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the
existing model obsolete."
                                                   -- Buckminster Fuller