[1st-mile-nm] PacketFront Acquires DynamicCity

Richard Lowenberg rl at radlab.com
Tue Aug 7 09:15:09 PDT 2007

The following just-released announcement is most important for the ongoing
development of 'open' fiber broadband in this country.   It also has
potential strategic significance for this 1st-Mile New Mexico Initiative,
and municipal projects being considered in this state.   Stay tuned for
updates and further details as they come in.   There are links to both
PacketFront and DynamicCity on the 1st-Mile web site's Resources page, as
well as informative articles on Open Service Provider (Fiber) Networks.
rl
------

www.packetfront.com/en/news_events/press_releases/2007/0015.html

Denver, CO // 2007-08-07
PacketFront Inc. announces acquisition of DynamicCity

PacketFront, the pioneer of open-access broadband networking, today
announced its US subsidiary, PacketFront Inc., has completed its
acquisition of DynamicCity, the operational force behind the
groundbreaking UTOPIA initiative.

"This acquisition is about taking the best thinking in North America on
open access broadband and public broadband initiatives and combining it
under one roof," said Matt Wenger, President of PacketFront Inc. "Our most
important product is our customer's success and we all know that
technology alone does not guarantee that. With the addition of the
DynamicCity team we can now offer the local experience, knowledge and
capacity our clients need to design, finance, build and manage
large-scale, successful open access networks."

Keith Wilson, former CEO of DynamicCity and now VP of Asset Management for
PacketFront Inc., concurs, "We are very enthusiastic about joining with
PacketFront. They have what are undisputedly the best tools and systems
for managing open, multi-provider networks. Combined with our asset
management experience and capabilities we can deliver the premier turn-key
solution for open networks in the marketplace. It is a positive move for
us and our customers."

"PacketFront's acquisition of DynamicCity is a truly exciting development
for the UTOPIA network," says Paul Morris, Executive Director of UTOPIA,
Utah's 14-city municipal open access fiber network. "Adding PacketFront's
open access technologies and global experience to DynamicCity's proven
track record of outstanding network operations and asset management is
just great news for us and our subscribers. We're looking forward to
taking our customer's network experience to the next level with this
world-class organization."

Partners of both companies will benefit as well, as the acquisition
enables PacketFront to expand on its opportunities aggressively. "A
successful open network is built on the work of tens if not hundreds of
companies," said Wenger. "Both PacketFront and DynamicCity have long
treasured our strong relations with our finance, design, engineering and
construction partners, other technology vendors, and of course the service
providers of data, voice, video and other innovative applications that
make our open networks so successful and unique. We look forward to
growing these strategic relationships further with our accelerating
expansion."

The company will integrate its operations in North America over the next
several months, with the Utah office emerging as the primary operations
center and the new Denver location serving as the Management and Sales
office.

About DynamicCity
DynamicCity is the operational force behind the groundbreaking UTOPIA
network, which was created by 14 cities in the state of Utah which joined
together to provide wholesale, open fiber network services to businesses
and residents. DynamicCity is also involved in various other projects
throughout the United States. DynamicCity provides cost & revenue analysis
and business plan creation services, as well as service provider
management, network design and consulting, network implementation and
construction management, and ongoing network operation services.

Richard Lowenberg
P.O.Box 8001, Santa Fe, NM 87504
505-989-9110,  505-603-5200 cell

New Mexico Broadband Initiative