[1st-mile-nm] Articles related to fiber deployment

Tom Johnson tom at jtjohnson.com
Mon May 21 16:14:49 PDT 2007

I wish to thank all of you who met with us at Cloudclift.

Here are a couple links to articles relevant to our discussion:

   - The Pipe Is There: Using Existing Infrastructure to Speed FTTH
   Deployment<http://www.broadbandproperties.com/2007issues/march07issues/jey_mar.pdf>

   http://www.broadbandproperties.com/2007issues/march07issues/jey_mar.pdf
   North American water, gas, sewer and electric utilities should be
   getting into the fiber network business, as they are in Europe. Here's why –
   along with the technical details utilities need to start the ball rolling.
   Our author is one of the world's great experts on underground utilities; his
   ASTM committee has helped write the standards.

   - TelecomCity Karlskrona
   State-of-the-Art Fiber Meets 300-Year-Old
Buildings<http://www.broadbandproperties.com/2007issues/march07issues/karlskrona_mar.pdf>
   *By Staff Reporter*
   A Swedish-style open-access network opens the way for innovative
   services and economic development in the ancient city of Karlsdrona.  (A
   city similar to Santa Fe in terms of existing infrastructure.)

All the best,
Tom

--
J. T. Johnson
Institute for Analytic Journalism -- Santa Fe, NM USA
http://www.jtjohnson.com                 tom at jtjohnson.us

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the
existing model obsolete."
                                                   -- Buckminster Fuller